IEC Hazardous Area Zones
- ZONE 0 - An area in which an explosive gas-air mixture is continuously present or present for lomg periods of time.
- ZONE 1 - An area in which an explosive gas-air mixture is likely to ouccur in normal opertions.
- ZONE 2 - An area in which an explosive gas-air ixture is not likely to occur and if it does, it is only for a short period of time.
- ZONE 10 - An explosive atmosphere, resulting from dust which is present continuously or for long periods of time.
- ZONE 11 - A short lived explosive dust atmosphere from unsettling dust deposits.