M S A G a s D e t e c t i o n H a n d b o o k (click on the title to read the complete handbook)
The MSA Gas Detection Handbook is designed to introduce users to key terms and concepts in gas detection and to serve as a quick reference manual for information such as specific gas properties, exposure limits and other data.
The Handbook contains:
• a glossary of essential gas detection terms and abbreviations.
• a summary of key principles in combustible and toxic gas monitoring.
• reference data—including physical properties and exposure limits— for the most commonly monitored gases, in industrial and various other environments.
• a comparison of the most widely-used gas detection technologies.
• a table indicating the gas hazards common to specific applications within major industries.
• a summary of key gas detection instrumentation approvals information, including hazardous locations classification.
• MSA’s exclusive Sensor Placement Guide, detailing important factors to take into consideration when determining optimum gas sensor placement.
Note to User:
Mine Safety Appliances Company (“MSA”) makes no warranties, understandings or representations, whether expressed, implied or statutory regarding this gas detection handbook. MSA specifically disclaims any warranty for merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall MSA, or anyone else who has been involved in the creation, production or delivery of this handbook be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use this handbook or for any claim by any other party.